qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Request for Qemu bugzilla

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Request for Qemu bugzilla
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 19:18:17 -0600

On Monday 07 January 2008 14:38:54 Julian Seward wrote:
> > [discussion about where to host a bugzilla]
>
> Perhaps a more important question is, is there interest in making
> a stable branch, tracking bugs and producing bug-fix-only releases
> from the stable branch?  As is traditional in (eg) gcc, etc?  If not,
> I don't think there is much point in having a bugzilla.

Note that a stable bugfix-only branch doesn't have to be maintained by the
same person who maintains the development branch, and often these _are_
different people.

The main limiting factor is a volunteer to do the work.  You can always do
an "unofficial" bugfix-only release and get it blessed later.  (That's how
the Windows and MacOS X binary releases seem to work.)

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.