qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch][update] Mainstone re-org plus flash

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch][update] Mainstone re-org plus flash
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 01:26:19 +0100

On 02/12/2007, Armin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thiemo,
>
> Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> > Armin wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> This includes the previous Mainstone re-org patch I sent earlier plus flash
> >> support.
> >> This adds two 32MiB flash devices. Mounts from mtdblock2 on flash device 0
> >> fine at boot.
> >>

> > I did some guesswork on the flash initialization to make it build with
> > Laurent's -disk patch. Please check if it is still correct.
> >

> works fine.

Note that both chips get mapped at the same offset in phys_ram_base,
I'm quite sure this is a bug and not intentional? It may corrupt data
if the OS reads from both chips. I wanted to convert mainstone.c to
use qemu_ram_alloc like other pxa boards but I want to make sure this
is not intentional.

The value of mainstone_rom indicates this too.
Regards