qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch][update] Mainstone re-org plus flash

From: Armin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch][update] Mainstone re-org plus flash
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 16:08:50 -1000

andrzej zaborowski wrote:
On 10/12/2007, andrzej zaborowski <address@hidden> wrote:
On 02/12/2007, Armin <address@hidden> wrote:
Thiemo,

Thiemo Seufer wrote:
Armin wrote:

Hello,

This includes the previous Mainstone re-org patch I sent earlier plus flash
support.
This adds two 32MiB flash devices. Mounts from mtdblock2 on flash device 0
fine at boot.

I did some guesswork on the flash initialization to make it build with
Laurent's -disk patch. Please check if it is still correct.

works fine.
Note that both chips get mapped at the same offset in phys_ram_base,
I'm quite sure this is a bug and not intentional? It may corrupt data
if the OS reads from both chips. I wanted to convert mainstone.c to
use qemu_ram_alloc like other pxa boards but I want to make sure this
is not intentional.

The value of mainstone_rom indicates this too.

Sorry, mainstone_rom is not related to this issue, but that means that
the ram_size check allows too low values and qemu may crash. It also
means that the two flash chips *and* the ROM all overlap. I think
gumstix.c registers the flash correctly, you may wnat to look in it.
Regards

will do.
I seem to remember that the two mappings are mutually exclusive and possible controlled by an external switch.. I will need to double check that.

sorry for the trouble.

-Armin