qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Time measurement under QEMU

From: space-wizard
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Time measurement under QEMU
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:31:58 +0100 (MET)

Hello!

I need a precise time measurement under QEMU with SLES 9 (Kernel 2.6.8) as
host and guest.

I synchronize the clock via ntpdate with a ntp-time-server. Then I start
heavy load applications. When I execute ntpdate again, I get a negative
offset, sometimes a positive offset with more than 1 second. That means that
the clock runs slower (or faster) in the guest os.

How can I get a time synchronisation between Host- and Guest-OS?

I tried the following kernel options at the guest:

nosmp noapic nolapic clock=pit

But without success :-(

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,