qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: user-net -redir working?

From: Richard Neill
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: user-net -redir working?
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 04:55:32 +0000

[thread edited for brevity]
> > I think that -redir really is broken: I've also been unsuccessful in > trying to make it work using an FTP server on a Windows guest, and using > the SSH server on a knoppix guest. Has anyone here ever had success with > it? It also fails on hosts with 2 different versions of Mandrake.

[solution: use an IP address which isn't localhost, eg that of eth0]

3)Document this on the website as a known bug, so Google can find it. Currently, anyone using an earlier version will just think that qemu is broken. It hasn't worked since at least 0.6.1, although I can't tell you about earlier versions.

> It should be google-able.  At least I remember posting to
> the list about 8 months ago on this exact issue, and then
> posted how I fixed it.  (IIRC).

Unfortunately, searching for "qemu redir" or "qemu redir broken" leads mainly to copies of the manual, and to a couple of unanswered threads about people with the same problem.

Can I suggest that this should be mentioned on this page:
  http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-doc.html

Thanks once again for your help,

Richard