qemu-devel

RE: [Qemu-devel] Patch: virtual vfat support

From: Andreas Bollhalder
Subject: RE: [Qemu-devel] Patch: virtual vfat support
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 19:31:00 +0100

> You misunderstood what he meant. On his *host* system, the D drive
> holds the temp\2 directory, as in d:\temp\2. QEMU is also installed
in
> the D drive/partition, so specifying /TEMP/2 goes to the root of the
> filesystem in this partition. He couldn't figure out a way to change
> to another path in another partition/drive, say, e:\temp\qemu , or
> even a CD drive letter: having a virtual VFAT partition built on top
> of a CD directory structure would work around having to make a ISO
> image of the disk in a considerable number of situations.

That's right, but I know now why, it's because the directories on
other host drives have been holding more data the vvfat drive could
represent and QEmu quits without a message. Now I know that, I can use
other host drives too.

> I haven't tested your patch yet, so I can't say I figured how to
> change drives myself. Maybe \\.\e\temp\qemu as in my example above?
> I've seen such UNC convention work in QEMU before (more specifically
> the discussions on Japanese Knoppix and QEMU).

This would be the nice way. Or maybe one likes more an URL like
"sftp://myhost.mydomain/mydir/myimage"; ?

Andreas

IDEEN UND ZEIT SIND UMGEKEHRT PROPORTIONAL.