qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Overoptimization

From: Alexander E. Patrakov
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Overoptimization
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 07:19:35 +0600

The CFLAGS in Makefile.target are bad for gcc 3.3.2. This is not a my problem with my gcc, because it passes the "make check" testsuite except some known errors in libstdc++, which cannot affect qemu.

The victim is the tcp_input function in slirp. When compiling with the decault CFLAGS, for some reason all packets are dropped as having a wrong TCP checksum. I tried debugging this by placing some debug printfs in tcp_input.c file, but the problem disappeared after I inserted them. I concluded that it is very strange and compiled this tcp_input.c file without my debug statements, but with -O1 instead of -O2. The problem went away.

Will this workaround (use of -O1 instead of -O2 for tcp_input.c) enter the qemu CVS?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov