qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Host <-> guest interface port?

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Host <-> guest interface port?
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 17:48:53 -0400

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 09:17:17AM -0600, Matthew Mastracci wrote:
> Since the host knows exactly where the guest cursor is (the guest is
> sending cursor location updates), it can release the mouse when the
> guest cursor is against the edge of the screen.  This works in reverse
> as well - when the mouse is moved over the QEMU screen, the host
> captures it (hiding the local cursor) and updates the guest location to
> match.  It's a seamless transition from real mouse to virtual mouse.
>
> The guest can also hide and show the guest OS cursor as it is
> captured/released.  You'll only see the cursor in the guest if it is
> captured by QEMU.
>
> Matt.

This is tricky though, especially when you try to set the mouse to the spot
where it enters the window.

I personally prefer the Synaptic Touchpad solution, since we won't need to
grab the mouse at all that way. (Right now I'm using a patched qemu where the
guest mouse follows the host mouse w/o using SDL grab, and sometimes it will
go all over the place.)