qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Host <-> guest interface port?

From: Matthew Mastracci
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Host <-> guest interface port?
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 09:17:17 -0600

Jim C. Brown wrote:

I volunteer to write the code for the Linux client if necessary. I'm studying
the X11 clipboard mechanism anyways. I have a pretty good idea of how to get
the clock of the host, also.

Not sure how auto-capture/release of mouse would work tho.
Since the host knows exactly where the guest cursor is (the guest is sending cursor location updates), it can release the mouse when the guest cursor is against the edge of the screen. This works in reverse as well - when the mouse is moved over the QEMU screen, the host captures it (hiding the local cursor) and updates the guest location to match. It's a seamless transition from real mouse to virtual mouse.

The guest can also hide and show the guest OS cursor as it is captured/released. You'll only see the cursor in the guest if it is captured by QEMU.

Matt.