pspp-users

Re: compare means layers

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: compare means layers
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 07:35:49 +0200

Thanks for the update.  Would you be able to share the data file you used
to prepare these examples dmwilliams/Dropbox/random_data.sav ?

J'

On Thu, Sep 07, 2017 at 05:46:45PM -0700, Williams, Dana wrote:
     Dear John,

     Sorry it's taken awhile for me to respond with more details about this
     bug. I think the inconsistency between PSPP and SPSS originates in the
     MEANS syntax command (not PSPPIRE like I originally thought),
     specifically the placement/presence of the BY subcommand. I wonder if the
     PSPPIRE dialogs could be left alone if the syntax [sub]commands behind
     them were reversed. Anyway, here's an attachment with screenshots of the
     inconsistent output from both programs. Hope this helps. Congrats on the
     release? of v1.0, btw!

     Dana

     On 3/7/2017 6:23 AM, John Darrington wrote:
     >On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 08:06:26AM -0800, Dana Williams wrote:
     >      Some of my Stats students were following along on PSPP as I
demonstrated
     >      using the compare means function on SPSS (descriptive, not t or F).
All

     --
     Dana Williams, Ph.D.
     Associate Professor

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3