pspp-users

Ubuntu 14.04 : How to install a newer PSPP version via Adam Zammits ppa

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: Ubuntu 14.04 : How to install a newer PSPP version via Adam Zammits ppa
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 18:25:15 +0200

Hi Frank,

the default pspp version in Ubuntu 14.04 is 0.7.9 which is quite old. You can
install a newer version
of pspp via the ppa from Adam Zammit. You need to do the following steps:

a) Uninstall the current 0.7.9 version

sudo apt-get remove pspp

b) Check your current version:

address@hidden:~$ dpkg-query -l | grep pspp
rc  pspp                                                  0.7.9+git20120620-1.2
                              amd64        Statistical analysis tool

This is the version that will be installed when you run: sudo apt-get install
pspp

c) Add Adam Zammits PPA to your package sources:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:adamzammit/pspp

d) Now update your source database

sudo apt-get update

d) Check that the new version is available

apt-cache show pspp

=> You will see the two pspp packages 0.7.9 and 0.10.1 from Adam

e) Install the package

sudo apt-get install pspp

f) Run the GUI

psppire