pspp-users

Re: Seeking advice on relevant selecting document

From: Gene Shackman
Subject: Re: Seeking advice on relevant selecting document
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 18:08:19 -0700 (PDT)

Try these basic on line statistics books
http://gsociology.icaap.org/methods/stat.htm

Gene

Gene Shackman, Ph.D.
The Global Social Change Research Project
http://gsociology.icaap.org
Free Resources for Methods in Evaluation and Social Research
http://gsociology.icaap.org/methods
----------
Applied Sociologist
----------

--- On Sat, 4/25/09, Stephen Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your advice.

I came across PSPP, R, Octave, etc. several years ago.  But I didn't
have time trying them.  Just installed PSPP on a Virtual machine.  It
is now working.  The tests on it attract my interest.  I'm now prepared
learning some basic Statistics which allow me using them on Statistical
Computing.  If finding them NOT too difficult to learn I'll continue
further on more advanced level.  I'm NOT prepared finding a collection
of data running tests on PSPP.

The googling result shocked me.  There are tons of documents on
statistics.  I hesitate to know where shall I start?  Can you help?
TIA

B.R.
Stephen L