pspp-users

Re: SPSS Viewer Output File Formats

From: Michel Boaventura
Subject: Re: SPSS Viewer Output File Formats
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 21:31:48 -0300

>  "The University will ensure that it imposes no requirement or
>  expectation on students in any discipline that would require them
>  necessarily to make use of proprietary software when a cost is
>  involved, where there are comparable Open Source packages available"

This is fantastic! Here on Brazil the use of pirate software is so common that no ones care about it,
and the teachers itself provides those pirate copies to the students.

We who fights against this always hear things like:
"Why will I use PSPP if SPSS has a lot more features and I don't pay nothing to use it?"

Its great to hear that on other parts of the world the free software have so much power!