pspp-users

Re: SPSS Viewer Output File Formats

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: SPSS Viewer Output File Formats
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 11:00:20 +0200

> Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 21:31:48 -0300
> From: Michel Boaventura <address@hidden>
>
> This is fantastic! Here on Brazil the use of pirate software is so common
> that no ones care about it,  and the teachers itself provides those pirate
> copies to the students.
>
> We who fights against this always hear things like:
> "Why will I use PSPP if SPSS has a lot more features and I don't pay nothing
> to use it?"
>
> Its great to hear that on other parts of the world the free software have so
> much power!

In the Netherlands there is a comply or explain rule for all
government en semi-government (including schools/universities etc.):
http://www.ez.nl/dsresource?objectid=154648&type=PDF

Use of open-standards and open-source is mandatory for new projects.
If you don't comply with this you have to explain why you didn't.
Saving money when using proprietary standards/software is NOT an
acceptable reason.

Unfortunately enforcing this rule is still a problem. I see lots of
pushing in Europe in this direction. But shifting from proprietary to
open is very slow,

Have fun