pspp-users

Hardcoded sysconfigdir paths

From: Ivy Foster
Subject: Hardcoded sysconfigdir paths
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 00:02:16 -0500

Hi all,

I'm looking to package PSPP for ArchLinux (well, upload instructions
to the Arch User Repository), which generally doesn't make use of
/usr/etc. Therefore, I've tried passing ./configure the
--sysconfdir=/etc option, which went fine--everything built and
installed with no problems.

Unfortunately, on startup the command-line pspp (as opposed to
psppire) informs me that it can't find the files that normally go in
the usr/etc dir...it seems the paths are hardcoded.

Does anybody here know of a way around this, and/or would it be
productive in this case to file a bug report (i.e., is this
intentional behavior?)

Thanks!

--
                If I Ever Become An Evil Villainess...
67. No matter how many shorts we have in the system, my guards will be