pspp-users

Compiling on OS X

From: cestark
Subject: Compiling on OS X
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:00:32 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to compile PSPP on OS X and have gotten fairly far, but am
still hitting a snag.  Using MacPorts, I have installed all the required
libraries and ./configure now works.  I'm setting variable to take care of
PKG_CONFIG_PATH, LDFLAGS, and CPPFLAGS to get things pointing to
/opt/local (which is where MacPorts likes to stick things), but other than
that, all is stock and configure is happy.

"make" chugs along happily for quite awhile but crashes at the end with:
mkdir src/ui/terminal/.libs
gcc -std=gnu99 -Wall -W -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wpointer-arith -Wno-sign-compare -Wmissing-prototypes -g -O2
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -o src/ui/terminal/pspp -Wl,-framework
-Wl,CoreFoundation  -L/opt/local/lib src/ui/terminal/libui.a
src/language/liblanguage.a src/output/charts/libcharts.a
src/output/liboutput.a src/math/libpspp_math.a src/ui/libuicommon.a
lib/linreg/liblinreg.a src/data/libdata.a src/libpspp/libpspp.a
/opt/local/lib/libxml2.dylib -lpthread -L/usr/local/lib -lncurses
gl/.libs/libgl.a /opt/local/lib/libintl.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib -lc -lreadline /opt/local/lib/libgsl.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libgslcblas.dylib -lm /opt/local/lib/libplot.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libpng12.dylib -lz -lmx
ld: duplicate symbol _gsl_rng_get in src/math/libpspp_math.a(random.o) and
src/ui/terminal/libui.a(src_ui_terminal_libui_a-main.o)

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [src/ui/terminal/pspp] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm going to try to attach the complete output of make, but since this is
my first post here, I don't know if the list will accept an attachment.

Now, gsl_rng_get is part of the gsl library and not defined here in pspp,
so I'm not at all sure why I'm seeing this error.  Anyone hit this and/or
anyone get 0.6.1 to compile on OS X?

Craig