pspp-dev

Re: New sheet implementation possibilities

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: New sheet implementation possibilities
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 09:25:54 +0100

http://darrington.wattle.id.au/efficient-sheet-0.0.tar.gz

     > The nice thing is, that it is O(1) in the number of rows and columns
(assuming that
     > the total rows/columns exceed the number of visible rows/columns).

     It sounds very nice.

     It seems that it requires a newer version of GObject (2.44+) than I have
     on my system (2.42), based on its use of GListModel
     G_DECLARE_FINAL_TYPE, so I can't easily compile it.  I guess if we're
     going to require a new Glib, then I'll have to upgrade to Debian
     "testing" or "unstable".  I'm willing to do that; I hope that it's not a
     big deal for our users.

Like you say, it needs a recent version of Glib.  If and when this becomes ready
for serious use in pspp, I think it likely that debian will have made a new
release.

In the meantime, what I did is to locally install Glib2.47 (you must also
install libffi-3.2.1).

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encryted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3