pspp-dev

new text proposal for the faq

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: new text proposal for the faq
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 23:45:02 +0200

I have my data in a spreadsheet. How can I import it into PSPP?

PSPP can directly import spreadsheets in OpenDocumentFormat (created by Gnumeric, LibreOffice, Openoffice.Org.) To do so, use the GET DATA command. Alternatively, if using the GUI, click on "File|Import Data".

We recommend you convert all your spreadsheets either to Gnumeric or OpenDocumentFormat to avoid this extra step.

If you have the proprietary spreadsheet program MSExcel you have 3 options:

- first save the data as Comma Separated Values (csv)

- save the data as an Open Document Spreadsheet (ods) file

- set the default file format of MSOffice to OpenDocumentFormat (odf) (http://www.ghacks.net/2010/07/08/configuring-default-file-types-in-microsoft-office-2010)