pspp-dev

Re: Problem compiling Perl module

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Problem compiling Perl module
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:53:20 +0200

>On last master branch, using mingw to cross compiling pspp, I'm having
>problems when make tries to compile perl module:

>make[4]: *** No rule to make target
>`/home/michel/prof/pspp/sources/win/src/.libs/libpspp-core.so', needed
>by `subdirs'.  Stop.

>Looking at this folder, I only have this files:
>libpspp.a  libpspp-core.a  libpspp-core.la  libpspp-core.lai  libpspp.la
>libpspp.lai

>I think this is caused because make is using my local perl to build to
>mingw. Since most windows users will not use this module, I've searched
>for a way to disable it, but didn't found. Is there a way to do this?

Hi Michel,

Perl is indeed needed on your local host during cross compiling. But
it is not needed on the MSWindows installation. I cross compiled them
with the default options and had no problem with it. I know I had also
some problems with the cross compiling (and somehow remember the
message you qoute), but most disappeared after I cleaned-up/removed my
complete mingw en pspp-source environment and started with a fresh
install.

BTW: I cross compiled last Saturday the master version of 2010-04-10
without problems so the source is at least correct for some
environments.

Have fun