pspp-dev

Re: cross-compiling

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: cross-compiling
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:35:47 +0800

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 01:28:43PM -0300, Michel Boaventura wrote:
     Hello all,

     I'm trying to cross-compile pspp to run on windows, but i'm having some
trouble.
     I've instaled mingw on my ubuntu, and then compile from source
     iconv,zlib and gsl
     with these arguments on configure:
     --prefix=/usr/local/i586-mingw32msvc/ --host=i586-mingw32msvc
     All of those work like a charm, and then I've tried to compile pspp,
     with the minimal requisites
     (--without-gui --without-libpq --without-libncurses
     --without-libplot), but it keep telling me that i dont
     have zlib neither libgsl. What im doing wrong?

     Look at the errors of configure:

     configure: WARNING: The following optional prerequisites are not installed.
     You may wish to install them to obtain additional functionality:
             zlib
             zlib
             libreadline (which may itself require libncurses or libtermcap)
     configure: error: The following required prerequisites are not installed.
     You must install them before PSPP can be built:
             libgslcblas
             libgsl (version 1.4 or later)

Assuming that your mingw32 std C library  is located in <xxx>
you will need to set the following environment variables:
 CFLAGS=-I<xxx>/include
 LDFLAGS=-L<xxx>/lib
 LD_LIBRARY_FLAGS=<xxx>/lib

If you're relying on pkg-config to find your mingw32 gsl library (or
anything else) then you will need to set  PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR to the
place where the ming32 gsl.pc file is located.

Your --prefix argument is probably not what you wanted, this
is the location where PSPP will be installed (on the target).

After you've built PSPP, I find it best to do something like

 mkdir /tmp/pspp-target
 make install DESTDIR=/tmp/pspp-target
 cd /tmp/pspp-target
 tar -czf pspp-mingw.tar.gz .

Then you can copy the tarball to your target platform and install it
wherever you please.

Hope this helps.

J'

--