pspp-dev

Re: moving coefficient.[ch] and design-matrix.[ch]

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: moving coefficient.[ch] and design-matrix.[ch]
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:01:49 -0400

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 09:32:50AM +0800, John Darrington wrote:
> I'm worried that src/data is becoming a dumping ground for things
> which don't fit elsewhere.  At the same time, src/math is becoming
> depleted.

I noticed the same thing about src/math, but I think that will change
soon when we start adding more mathematical code to support more
procedures.

> I always envisaged src/data to be about the definition, storage and
> access of data.  The manipulation of data is, as I see it, a seperate,
> higher level task.

Where should coefficient.[ch] and design-matrix.[ch] go? I don't want
to leave it as is because it's causing a circular dependency between
libpspp_math.a and libpspp_linreg.a.

-Jason