pspp-dev

Re: Looking for a copyediting and technical writing learning experience

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Looking for a copyediting and technical writing learning experience
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 14:00:11 +0800

PSPP needs some tutorial type documentation, so if you're familiar
with how to use it, and you are good at technical writing, then that
would be a good place to start.

J'

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 09:54:33PM -0800, danka wrote:
     Hi!

     My name is Dan Kappus. I am looking for a small software project to work
     with. I want to learn software documentation (docbook, xml, all that) by
     doing.

     My skills include
     *rudimentary knowlege of C/bash/shelltools
     *HTML
     *understanding of basic statistics
     *above average copyediting and language skills, honed by lots of coursework

     My interest in PSPP is that I am a statistics student, and hope to be
     going to graduate school evenutally in the social sciences. PSPP lets me
     do basic useful statistics without paying a huge license fee. I'm never
     going to be a compsci wizkid, but I would like to make a contribution of
     time because I use lots of GNU software. Perhaps I could make this
     contribution here.

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3