pspp-dev

Re: systemfile: variable width

From: Jaap-Andre de Hoop
Subject: Re: systemfile: variable width
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:39:49 +0200

At 20:10 22-04-2005, Ben Pfaff wrote:
"Wilson,Tom" <address@hidden> writes:

> I am pretty sure that I understand what support for long variable names
> is, but what was meant by the "value labels" part of that?

I don't remember the original context.  PSPP supports value
labels up to 60 characters long at the moment, which matches the
limit described in the SPSS 12.0 documentation.  Should we extend
it?

SPSS 13 should support them, but that version is not shipped in Holland yet....
We use pspp for webquestionnaires to generate systemfiles and it would be usefull to have longer labels, but a lot of users don't have the latest spss version (including myself). I don't think we are going to use the long var/val labels the next 2 -3 year. But if it is a small piece of work.....

Groets,

Jaap-Andre