pspp-dev

Re: systemfile: variable width

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: systemfile: variable width
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:08:03 -0700

Jaap-Andre de Hoop <address@hidden> writes:

> Since long variable names are supported in pspp 0.0.4, I hope there is
> a strong correlation between those two issues:
> Is it possible to set the variable width for the data-editor in
> version 0.0.4 as well?

PSPP 0.4.0 (not 0.0.4) does not have a GUI or a data editor.  It
does accept the VARIABLE WIDTH command, but it has no effect.

John Darrington is doing some work on a GUI, but I believe it is
still at an early stage.  It is not part of PSPP 0.4.0.  I doubt
that VARIABLE WIDTH has an effect on it yet.

(PSPP 0.4.0 is actually not released yet, but this should be
accurate when it is released.)
--
"Q:      How does a hacker fix a function which
         doesn't work for all of the elements in its domain?