Re: [Protux-devel] OFF TOPIC - A protux review (negative)

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] OFF TOPIC - A protux review (negative)
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:42:48 +0200

Hi,

> I dont know if this is new, but there something important here.
> The author does not love Jmb, ok, we all know many wont like it.. but he
> tried some basic stuff that is SHOULD be working, like <H> and <HM>.. that
> worried me...

I saw this review last week, when searching with google. The author himself
says that he has problems getting JMB actions to work. After some tries, he
got it to work, so its basically a matter of practicing I think. The first
time I tried to use JMB, it confused me to.

> maybe this is a limitation to some keyboards or we just forgot to make it
> work...

Probably, but < H > and < P M > are just working for a long time.

> The author is not that good in wrinting reviews.. it didnt mention his
> hardware, his software base not even the protux version.. but anyway.. it
> is good to read reviews (Bad or Good) to improve our work..

Indeed, I actually send him an email about it, he didn't respond though.
But from what I have seen on the internet, we need better and more
documentation on the use of JMB. Kind of a learning tutorial for learning
JMB, and maybe add some kind of help screen to Protux when it starts for the
first time, pointing the user to help material to get used to the JMB stuff.

> http://www.andrewonline.ca/index.php?tab=Computers%2FSoftware+Reviews&artic
>le=Protux+(Professional+Audio+Tools+For+Linux)

Remon