Re: [Protux-devel] Magic Zoom slowwwww

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Magic Zoom slowwwww
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 18:50:27 -0200

Xlib erros occurs in multithread programs. No X or qt calls must be called from
the child threads.
Thats why all GUI updates must be done by a qtimer not from inside the thread.
This is point of reviw in 0.21-...

I will commit the new plan after 0.20 releasing. One of the most import points
is to review the threaded structure and clean all X calls from the threads.

I will assign this task to you.

> I still got Xlib errors. I don't know for sure, but from the
> peakBuildThread there were calls to Song::recreate_mta().
> I removed those calls, and implemented a updateProgressTimer in Song,
> please test this change, and give feedback if you get unexpected problems.
> And of course, the Xlib errors should have gone.

thats what I said. Timers solves that problems. Have that in time for the
incoming cleaning process