Re: [Protux-devel] Re: protux on FreeBSD

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Re: protux on FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:47:05 +0100

Luciano Giordana wrote:

I dont have many information about ALSA beign ported to other unixes. But I
believe it wont,
since ALSA is beign merged into Linux kernel, and it is designed specifcly for
the linux kernel (Advanced Linux Sound Architeture)

i don't know if it will be ported to other unices, but i think compatibility layers (wrapper libraries) will be created... so it should be possible to port applications needing alsa to platforms without alsa, but with a compatiblity layer.

for this it would be good to stay as OS independant as possible in coding libmustux/protux.

and be sure, Protux will be a really good reason to write such compatibility layers (or is it already ?)

/Martin