Re: [Protux-devel] qt2.x and qmemarray

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] qt2.x and qmemarray
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:10:52 +0100

On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 11:38:35 +0000
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> > what is the actual QThread problem? protux works with my QT 2.3.
>
> The problem is just circumstancial situation. Some QT2 distributions are not
> QThread based, so things that we do for QT2 stuff
> sometimes dont work with SOME qt2 libraries...
>
> since every QT3 has qthread support, being a requisite garantees that no
> inconsistency will happen around the QThread support

nonetheless i replaced the QMemArray by a void *, so it should work again with
QT2.3 (for those 2.3 for which it worked before)

For the problem with some QT2.3 libs, it's ./configure's job to make sure that
the installed QT libraries are good enough for Protux, and display a warning if
not. Something more to do for 0.17's autotool work

/Martin

--
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch

Martin Herren                             +41 (0)79 746 57 83
OpenPGP Public key @ http://www.on-the-web.ch/sputnik/gpg.asc