Re: [Protux-devel] Nice Improvements - things for the wishlist

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Nice Improvements - things for the wishlist
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:48:47 -0200

On Wednesday 20 November 2002 04:42 pm, Fabio dos Santos wrote:
> the meters you included a really thin line, just to indicate that that's
> the middle (visual feedback is a good thing).

Done

>               a) that you can have an option so that the cursur "clicked in"
> the
> middle when it got to the middle - (Like the snap-to-grid function of
> most graphic editing programs)

This is a question for the design list ;-)

>               b) we should figure out some way so that you can actually input
> the
> number you want.

also , something that Reinhard is telling about for a long time ... We will
discuss this soon

>               c) This is the most important one, and it would just look VERY
> cool.
> And this is having 2 diferent colors so that you can see roughly where
> the meter is set. so, for example, red on one side, green on the other.
> Which reminds me, I alway find anoying those meters whose numbers are
> left inside the percentage meter. Perhaps leaving it outside would be a
> better bet for visual cleanliness. Or perhaps not even include the
> numbers, and just show then if you point to the meter. .  .  Just an
> idea

This is easy. I will work on this

> 2.This occured to me while cutting some wav files I have left here.
>       a) it would also be nice if the mouse-cursor snapped to the editing
> cursor as well. . .

put on WL, please

>       b) something about the way that the scrolling left/right is working is
> bothering. The PAN control also bothers me the same way, but I can't
> tell you exacly what it is yet. . . . I'm breaking my head on it still.

I did only a temporary solution (remember that I dont give too much importance
on how some news things are
acessed in jmb, when I am implementing it for the first time. For example, all
the node/curves handling are temporary...

Regards

--
Luciano Giordana - Musician - Certified Java/GNU C++ Developer - Free Software
Evangelist