[Protux-devel] Nice Improvements - things for the wishlist

From: Fabio dos Santos
Subject: [Protux-devel] Nice Improvements - things for the wishlist
Date: 20 Nov 2002 16:42:27 -0200

Hey Luciano,

Wow. The new GAIN and PAN meters look VERY cool . . .

2 things occured to me. They are sort of related, but they are not.

1. About the GAIN/PAN meters. It would be nice if in the center (0.0) of
the meters you included a really thin line, just to indicate that that's
the middle (visual feedback is a good thing).

        also, three things also go on the wish list regarding those meters as
well.
                a) that you can have an option so that the cursur "clicked in"
the
middle when it got to the middle - (Like the snap-to-grid function of
most graphic editing programs)
                b) we should figure out some way so that you can actually input
the
number you want. So, if you wanted set  gain to -0.42334, you could
just, <<G>> (or something like that), and it would open a small dialog
box for you to input that. . . . What do you think?) This would be
especially useful when we have other filters implemented IMHO
                c) This is the most important one, and it would just look VERY
cool.
And this is having 2 diferent colors so that you can see roughly where
the meter is set. so, for example, red on one side, green on the other.
Which reminds me, I alway find anoying those meters whose numbers are
left inside the percentage meter. Perhaps leaving it outside would be a
better bet for visual cleanliness. Or perhaps not even include the
numbers, and just show then if you point to the meter. .  .  Just an
idea

2.This occured to me while cutting some wav files I have left here.
        a) it would also be nice if the mouse-cursor snapped to the editing
cursor as well. . .
        b) something about the way that the scrolling left/right is working is
bothering. The PAN control also bothers me the same way, but I can't
tell you exacly what it is yet. . . . I'm breaking my head on it still.

Fabio.
PS: With the end of the semester I'll be able to restart working on the
Protux Manual. . I swear to god!!!