[Fwd: Description Document ?]

From: David Philippi
Subject: [Fwd: Description Document ?]
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:11:20 +0100

I'm forwarding the message to the list so that more people may read
through it. I think the idea of providing documentation is a good one
and I'll try to answer questions as good as I can.
Surely it needs more structure but before you can put structure into
documentation there needs to be raw material to work with. ;-)

One question I see - plf means "pingus level file".
About how other people make sense of the code: I don't know about all of
the code so far but when I started to really work on it, the code was
such a tangled mess that I couldn't see anything. So I simply begun to
do some basic cleanup work thereby uncovering new layers of information
to my eyes and getting new insights. Fortunately I soon got Ingo to join
this effort, otherwise the more complex part of the cleanup may not have
been possible.
Most of the time I wrote new code I simply asked Ingo for a starting
point and walked through the code from there. Fortunately the code is
mature enough that you can very often simply work on a part and assume
that the surrounding code will do what it should do.

Bye David