Re: Release-rate modification?

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Release-rate modification?
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:01:30 +0100

Ingo Ruhnke wrote:

Currently in Pingus release-rates are per-entrance, not per level,
thus a global increase of the release rate would make too much sense.

Hmm, ok. Perhaps one could set it in % of original releaserate.

Could you give some examples for situation where the increase of
release rate was used for any puzzels? All I remember are levels where
one had to increase it to get done in time, so nothing puzzle related.

No, I have no example where it was used for puzzles. - But I could create some levels utilizing it. Though, I remember the series of "all lemmings have to dig through thin floor because otherwise they fall too high" levels. I think there were three levels. The only difference was the number of lemmings to save. I noticed that you, by increasing the flow-rate of lemmings could avoid having to make all the lemmings dig (because some of them could step down on the holes being digged by the lemmings in front of them) and hence I would be able to save a larger number of lemmings than the number required in the last of those levels.

-Rune