Re: Release-rate modification?

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Release-rate modification?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:02:57 +0100

Rune Zedeler <address@hidden> writes:

> In Lemmings the user could increase the rate of which the lemmings was
> released. I really liked this option. This allowed for some tricky
> levels where the user needed to set the rate so that the lemmings was
> syncronized in a special way in order to complete the level.
>
> Is there a reason why the same mechanism is not present in pingus?

Currently in Pingus release-rates are per-entrance, not per level,
thus a global increase of the release rate would make too much sense.

Could you give some examples for situation where the increase of
release rate was used for any puzzels? All I remember are levels where
one had to increase it to get done in time, so nothing puzzle related.

JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927