Re: Pingus release 0.6.1 planned - your help is requested to make it bet

From: cagri coltekin
Subject: Re: Pingus release 0.6.1 planned - your help is requested to make it better
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:32:36 +0100

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 05:23:35PM +1100, Tudor wrote:
> Hey David,
>
> I started editing the English version (I am a native speaker) but then I
> realised that English is used as the indexing language which means I
> can't change the English text without changing all the other languages
> as well.
>
> Why did you choose english (which is prone to errors for non-native
> speakers) as the indexing language over your own language which
> obviously would have few errors?

It's easier for translation to other languages, and also having
developers with different native languages. If all can write
acceptably understandable messages.

Best approach, IMHO, freezing the changes to the messages some
time (a week?) before the release, and tell translators to update
their translations.

Cheers,
--
cagri