phpgroupware-users

RE: [Phpgroupware-users] hobby

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] hobby
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 13:35:19 +0000

Brian Connolly (address@hidden) wrote:

>Dan,
>
>I think this discussion certainly exceeds the medium.  But let's continue.
>
>You're missing something essential to all human endeavors.  They're outward
>faced.  Strength, power, leadership, value... all are rooted in service.

I don't think you have to look too hard at history (anyone's or any country's)
realize that usually, motivation is the complete opposite of the above statement

But I do agree with you that phpgw will succeed despite it's faults although
you and
I may disagree on what those specific faults may be since that list tends to be
influenced by the observer's intended application of the package.

I think that sums up open source projects in general .. they are not faultless,
but
they have different faults than the alternatives.  The user can decide what
solution
best meets their needs.

Please let's not turn this into a pro/con discussion of closed source vs open
source.  If I've learned anything in life, it is that people that get involved
in
these "open" discussions rarely have little intention to change their own views
..
which makes any discussion moot.

--
Brian Johnson
* This is where my witty signature line would be if I bothered to edit this