phpgroupware-users

Re: [Phpgroupware-users] sitemgr and cvs

From: Philip Lijnzaad
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] sitemgr and cvs
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:36:48 +0100

> As I'm "living" behind a proxy firewall I'm not used and not able to use
> cvs. As I found out its also not possible to pass such a firewall.

That depends ... If you can convince your network manager to open the
firewall for ssh traffic, and use e.g.
':ext:address@hidden:/data/cvs' as your $CVSROOT, then
set your CVS_RSH to ssh, and things should work just fine.

If you cannot convince you network managers to open the firewall for incoming
traffic but if nonetheless outgoing traffic is fine (or at least outgoing ssh
traffic), then you could try setting up a reverse tunnel (using ssh -R
port:machine:port; see ssh manual or book), and use that instead.

> I begann to download all single files through http, but after "some time" I
> decided that that could not be the way.

ftp?

                                                                      Philip
--