Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Dead project : no updates of released bran

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Dead project : no updates of released branches ... not anymore possible to package for distributions ?
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 13:01:40 +0200

Hi.

Le jeudi 01 avril 2010 à 11:40 +0200, Sigurd Nes a écrit :
> christian bac wrote:
> >
> > this started from some security issues pointed out in debian and concern
> > about phpgroupware been in the next debian or not.
> >
> > Oliver and I are packaging the stable version of phpgroupware from the
> > phpgroupware tarball.

For sure, phpGroupware project may release a new stable version whenever
it wants ;)

> > If you decide to produce a tarball from your trunk version we will
> > package it.

Uh... may there be an official trunk we could package it, for sure,
maybe at least for Debian's experimental archive.

> > Perhaps are we wasting our time discussing the matter of phpgroupware
> > 0.9.16.15 instead of just jumping to 0.9.17.01.

I think there should be some clear roadmap and schedule for a new
release of the project in any case, before we do something in Debian.

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen any clear plans.

> > I started to bug hung the 0.9.16.15. Its look like some huge work and I
> > will not do that.
> >
> > If we do something with oliver, it will be to package the version "as
> > is" and if it is unusable, this will prove that no one use it in debian.

The problem may be that no one actually uses a version packaged for
Debian and so noone would report bugs ;-)

> Great !

Hold on, let's calm down and think a little bit.

> I will need some days to do some polishing and testing.
>
> The system version can now be separated from the internal api-version - the
> system version should be named 0.9.17.01?
>
> Is there a deadline?

OK... who's in charge of phpGW here, and what's the projects shedule for
another "stable" release compatible with PHP 5.3, first ?

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <address@hidden>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF