Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Dead project : no updates of released bran

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Dead project : no updates of released branches ... not anymore possible to package for distributions ?
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 11:40:06 +0200

christian bac wrote:
On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 16:03 +0200, Sigurd Nes wrote:

This is all taken care of in 0.9.17.525 (trunk) - also: (almost) all external libraries are updated to latest.

stable:
* phpgwapi
* addressbook
* admin
* hrm
* manual (odt2xhtml is updated to latest and moved to api - not yet  committed)
* messenger
* notes
* phpsysinfo (status: 3.0 - updated to latest (3.0.4) but not yet committet)
* preferences
* property
* setup
* sms

Not sure - but probably working:
* todo
* calendar (might be some issues with recurrence/alarm management)
* email
* felamimail
* ged
* projects (major update from .16 - some mysql-only issues i think)

(Don't know how the remaining apps are doing.)

Regards

OK,

this started from some security issues pointed out in debian and concern
about phpgroupware been in the next debian or not.

Oliver and I are packaging the stable version of phpgroupware from the
phpgroupware tarball.

If you decide to produce a tarball from your trunk version we will
package it.
Perhaps are we wasting our time discussing the matter of phpgroupware
0.9.16.15 instead of just jumping to 0.9.17.01.

I started to bug hung the 0.9.16.15. Its look like some huge work and I
will not do that.

If we do something with oliver, it will be to package the version "as
is" and if it is unusable, this will prove that no one use it in debian.

Great !

I will need some days to do some polishing and testing.

The system version can now be separated from the internal api-version - the system version should be named 0.9.17.01?

Is there a deadline?

Regards

Sigurd