Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Future ... and Poll

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Future ... and Poll
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 21:51:55 -0600

>>  - do you think that having a groupware able to communicate with other
>> groupware is important ?
>>
> yes this also is a killer feature that no other groupware offer atm

this depends on what you mean by "communicate".  From where I'm
standing, most serious groupware systems can communicate with other
systems.

as a use-case example, my vendor sends me a meeting request, I accept
and it gets added to my calendar and he gets a response confirming I
accepted.  This works now, I've been a part of it with Exchange on one
side and gmail/gcal on the other.  I would expect any groupware that
supports email and iCal would work too.

if you mean something beyond that, like calendar and
addressbook/contacts sharing, some groupware's also already do this.
things like LDAP and iCal make it rather easy.

At work we're using Kerio, and it goes as far as to provide a link to
users so they can let others subscribe to their Kerio calendar from
anything that supports iCal.  it's read-only, but it's still
communication.