Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] new email app

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] new email app
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 23:07:52 +1000

Hi Christian,

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 07:48 -0500, Chris Weiss wrote:
> Christian,
> you sent this to only me so I'm including it to the dev list

Dankeshoen Herr Weiss :)

> On 5/23/05, Christian Rost <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > I'm going to add server side email-filtering [procmail, maildropfilter] to
> > .16
> > anglemail.

Cool, but please use the head version, it has Save as Draft support and
some other things.  Any maintenance/feature work I do on AM will be done
using the HEAD version and I hate having to mess around with merging
patches.

> > The new email-app sounds great, so I'm interested to add the server
> > side filtering there, too.

I would love to include server side filter into the new app.

The new app has been a little delayed due to real world dramas (my car
is dead and I have clients screaming for things left right and center
atm).  Also I keep on having ideas for new things to include in it.

> > So are you going to add an API for additional (third-party) modules to the
> > new
> > email app, e.g. like squirrelmail does?

Not exactly here is my suggestion.  Build the filter stuff as a seperate
app maybe called mail filter and then we can just add hooks (or links)
to it from the mail apps.

Let continue the discussion on the list and see where we end up.  Also
let me know if you want an alpha of the new email app to get some idea
of where things are headed.  Next version slated for ~36hrs (all going
well)

Cheers

Dave
--