Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Consider this

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Consider this
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 22:34:47 +1000

Hi Sigurd,

First let me make it clear this is not a decision I can make by myself,
it needs to be discussed and decided upon by the CT, taking into account
the views of the community.

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 11:10 +0200, sigurdne wrote:
> I am attending with a paper on Open Source Software (phpgroupware) at a
> scientific symposium on Facilities Management in June 13-16, 2005 in Helsinki.
> www.ril.fi/cib2005
> 38 different countries are represented in the symposium - and I think this is
> a great opportunity to launch phpgroupware as an excellent tool/platform to
> Facilities Management.
> The application 'property' is built as a XSLT-application which so far only
> is
> supported by HEAD. In the view of the delayed release of the official
> XSLT-version which was scheduled as 'before end of 2004' -

There have been many reasons for this delay, but things are now moving
along.

> I am asking for
> either
> a) include XSLT-support in 0.9.16 (I have prepared a patch [#4035]) or

The policy is simple no new features in stable.  We are planing to
release 0.9.16.100 in June which will be 16 with bug fixes and several
new apps or backports from head.

> b) release an intermediate release of the patched 0.9.16 (including the app
> property) as 0.9.18.

I don't support this.  16 is 14++, HEAD is patched 16 with some new
features being added.  There has already been some changes in HEAD which
are not compatible with 16.

> The reason for my request is that I think it would be better to promote an
> official release of phpgroupware rather than a patched version from an
> obscure
> non-official website.

I understand the reason for it, but the policy is long standing.

I would suggest that you include property (with the XSLT patch) in
0.9.16.100 as one of the many "extra app" tarballs that will form part
of the release.

Cheers

Dave
--