Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgw commits

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgw commits
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 21:25:46 -0500

Is this for HEAD or .16?  what modules does it affect?

I'm worried about 2 things on the pass by reference, I haven't done
any tests with this:

#1 if a function is defined with references and a call passes by
reference too, what happens?  I'm thinking 3rd party code here, I'm
sure you'll do a thorough job but you don't have access to everything
that uses phpgw code.

#2 if a function is changed to use references when the calling code
doesn't expect it, what kinds of wierd things will happen?   Obviously
this will depends both on what the function does and what the calling
code follows up with.

Call-time pass-by-reference should have been gone long ago, but it's
not and this has the potential to be a major change.

Is anyone running "allow_call_time_pass_reference = Off" without
problems?  If so, what phpgw features are you using?