Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] {Spam?} Admin does not work after install

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] {Spam?} Admin does not work after install
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:06:25 +0000

Doug Royer (address@hidden) wrote:

> Solaris 9
> Postgres 7.3.4
> phpgroupware-0.9.16.000-1.tar.bz2

hm, there are few more bug fixes in cvs, .001 will be ready for testing soon.
If you have cvs and ssh clients on there you can update from cvs:
$ cd /path/to/phpgroupware
$ export CVS_RSH=ssh
$ cvs -z5 update -dPC

if not using bash you'll have to set the CVS_RSH env var a different way.

> Issues I found:
>
>     The files needed to be writeable by the web server user id.
>     Once I figured that out, then everything seemed to work.

what files?  certianly not all of them... this should be documented in the
installation and security howto.

>     At least one PHP file looks for  header.inc.php in 'phpgroupware/..'
>     in addition others look in phpgroupware . The error was
>     can not find "../header.inc.php' and once I made a sym-link
>     to phpgroupware/.. it worked.

which file is that?  could be a valid bug.

> When I login in as the 'admin' account that is created as
> part of the setup process, the admin gets 'Access not permitted'
> on almost every action once logged in. Including the Users
> and Groups selections.
>
> I tried to re-install several times looking for any warning
> or error. I configured postgres to send a log of all actions
> to the console. Nothing broken and no problems that I can find.
>
> My guess is the ACLs are busted at install time. Help!

what version of php and apache?