[Phpgroupware-developers] Status SAPDB/MaxDB Support

From: Kai Hofmann
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Status SAPDB/MaxDB Support
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:35:25 +0100

Hi all,

because there was some discussion on IRC, I wanted to say some words about
the
SAPDB/MaxDb Support in 0.9.16:

At first it is not finished and will never run within the 0.9.16,
thats because there are two problems with sapdb support:

1. there are column names within phpgw 0.9.16 that are reserved keywords in
sapdb!
   This columns will not be renamed in 0.9.16
   To handle this problem I will release a pb.patch that can be applied to
0.9.16
   At the moment I can not say when I have finished this "large" patch,
because I am
   involved in other projects beside phpgw and CeBit is comming.

2. SAPDB/MaxDB does not allow SQL-Update Statements on BLOBs. Because there
are BLOBs
   withing phpgw, I have to solve this by adding support for prepared SQL
statements,
   because with them SAPDB can do updates on blobs.
   This will hopefully be added as bugfix, otherwise it will be included in
the pb.patch

Greetings

    PowerStat

--
*****    Open Source und Linux im professionellen Einsatz    *****
**  komplexe Mailserver, Groupware, Office: sprechen Sie uns an **