Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] iDots Template (was: DotGNU 0.1 CD-ROM ava

From: Lars Kneschke
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] iDots Template (was: DotGNU 0.1 CD-ROM available from CheapBytes.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 22:21:09 +0100

Alex Borges <address@hidden> schrieb:
>1.- Only the Phpgroupware Coordination Team speaks for the project. I
>have stated this many times to reiner and anyone who would listen. Um
>this mail does not speak for the project, for example.
Ok!

>And we all know how egroupware HATES the people of GNU and the FSF ( I
>do have stuff to backup all of this ), how they have disregarded
>licensing issues, in particular violating the LGPL and the GPL, how they
>got so angry when we addressed this kind of problem quickly. No, noone
>is fooled, everyone knows this is why you left.

Just for redords.
We left why we were not able to use code from PEAR as example. Because this
is no GPL or LGPL code. We don't want to reinvent the wheel again.
We left because of the trouble with the writeprotected phpgwapi. We don't
see any reason for this.
We left because we wanted to have a stable groupware. A groupware which we
can check out daily from cvs and install at our customers pc's. And not only
every half year.
We want to use code under the BSD license or other compatible Opensource
licenses.
And we left because we had a problem how the leadership in phpgw got
organized.

>I even explained it to you guys why did i do so: i feel i need to defend
>my project against people that have no respect for software licenses,
>but take code that was speciffically lincensed to NOT coexist with
>another and mix them anyway, before dealing with the licensing first, to
>provide a feature, no matter how cool, if you mix beforehand, youve
>broken the law.

This is the same FUD like dave is doing. Since the fork dave is telling that
we break LGPL or GPL. And now you too. I don't know where we break this
licenses. Maybe you can tell me. Dave was not able to do so until now.

>Now gentelmen, you have tried your best to hurt  phpgw, now please leave
>us alone unless you want to continue this discussion on your own lists.
>I think weve clobbered this one enough.

How could i. Are you subscribed to our list?

Cu
--
written with FeLaMiMail