Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] new stuff to look at

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] new stuff to look at
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:11:16 -0700

Probably not as a drop in replacement. It would take a little tweaking of your app to make it work. Because of the way your app is written I have a feeling that it wouldnt be all that hard to accomplish.

I am going to work on adding the better xslt solution into the HEAD code. The only change it would mean to your app is that all the xsl files will need to have their headers and footers added, to make them valid and true xsl files.

This amounts to nothing more than adding this to the top

<?xml version="1.0"?> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">

And this to the bottom

</xsl:stylesheet>

This will need to be done to ALL the xsl files in the HEAD cvs and then I can start having the browsers start doing the rendering.

Dan

sigurdne wrote:

Nice !

Will it support my xsl-app 'property' currently in HEAD ?

Sigurd

===== Original Message From Dan Kuykendall <address@hidden> =====
I have been working on this for the last 2 1/2 weeks and have shown a
fair number of people.

http://www.kuykendall.org/phpgroupware/

You are all now welcome to take a look.

I do not know when or even if this will become phpGW's new framework, so
please dont ask.

The CT will be discussing that over the next few meetings and coming up
with some ideas and possible plans.
So far the feedback from those that have seen this code is very
positive. Im very excited about it as well.

One thing to note while viewing the demo is to view the source from your
browser. Its pretty cool to see that your browser is recieving an XML
doc, which its rendering into the HTML that you see. (IE has problems
with this at times due to a bug in MSXML, so this is best seen from a
mozilla browser.)

I have also heard from various parts of Europe that performance to the
server can be slow. This is a link issue, not a code issue.

Dan