Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] LDAP-Sync: First quick and dirty pa tch

From: Edgar Luna
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] LDAP-Sync: First quick and dirty pa tch
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 03:08:07 -0500

Kai Hofmann <address@hidden> writes:

Hi.

> is there really no way to avoid this?
> Maybe by contributing to the orginal PEAR class?
PEAR discourage the use of GPL and afaik for API, we want use that
licence. And lex contacted the maintainer about license issues, and
seems he will help with this.

I don't say that we must fight with PEAR, just that using code with
PHP licence, is beyond our scope afaik.

> I think when we use other peoples code (that really fine and very
> reusable) we should not modify it. Otherwise we will never have a
> chance to use their updates versions :(((
Is harder but possible yet. This is the way that phpGW have been
doing, and shown that works. The only one requirement for re-merging
with original author's code is that someone have interest on that
piece of code.

But at the end, do we really need this for .16?

I think Philipp is doing the same job in an easier way, so I think he
could end before this :P. And with less code, so less things to test
(good for timing :).

Best Regards

--
Edgar Antonio Luna Díaz - http://www.sogrp.com
Fingerprint: C008 5EAC 5272 AC8C 7589  4821 8B34 6166 8733 8310