[Phpgroupware-developers] calendar conflicts

From: Philipp Kamps
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] calendar conflicts
Date: 17 Jul 2003 13:02:54 +0200

Hi,

I found a bug in the calender module.
Under certain circumstance the conflict
window is not shown when it should pop
up in my opinion.

Consider the following scenario:

1.The calendar preference "Default calendar filter" is set to "private
only".
2. Create a new public appointment.
3. Then create one more appointment (either private or public) for the
same time.
4. Conflict window does not pop up.

Scenario 2.
1.The calendar preference "Default calendar filter" is set to "private
only".
2. Create a new private appointment.
3. Then create one more (either private or public) appointment for the
same time.
4. Conflict window pops up.

scenario 3.
1.The calendar preference "Default calendar filter" is set to "All".
2. Create an appointment.
3. Then create one more (either private or public) appointment for the
same time.
4. Conflict window pops up.

This behavior is same irrespective of the filter value in the calendar
application.

In conclusion if the calendar preference "Default calendar filter" is
set to "private only" then the conflict is checked against only
private appointments. If the preference is set to "All" then the
conflict is checked against all the appointments.

I am not quit sure if this is really a bug or a volitional bahavior.

Anyway, probiz developed a patch which I'll submit and which could
be applied if wanted.

Regards, fips