[Phpgroupware-developers] appsession for Registration app

From: Don Graver (dgraver)
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] appsession for Registration app
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:00:05 +0100

I am working with the 9.14.005 package and have run into a snag with the registration app.  I understand this app is no longer supported, but was wondering if someone else may have had this same problem.  The app is able to register a new username, but after inputting the fields (password, name, address, etc.) on the next page, it does not write to the database the reg_id which is needed for the email confirmation to work.  The reason is b/c in the class.soreg.inc.php file, in the function "step2", the $account_id is not set, therefore the query does not update b/c it is updating where reg_lid=''.

This is the line where the $account_id is coming back with no value:
$account_id = $GLOBALS['phpgw']->session->appsession('loginid','registration');

what exactly should be returned here and what would cause it to fail??

I also don't understand why the line directly before this one tries to use $account_id, since it isn't supposed to be set til the next line.  I know it used to work with .003, but not sure why it doesn't now.  I have only been messing with calendar files.

ps. I'm using this on Debian...but not with .deb files.  I used the tar file then a cvs update.

-- Don