Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] addressbook model and integration with acc

From: Ralf Becker
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] addressbook model and integration with accounts
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 00:02:50 +0200

Alex Borges wrote:
El mar, 01-07-2003 a las 03:03, Ralf Becker escribió:

There are 2 possebilities to do so:
1) each app implemented a delete_<app> hook for its entries which other apps linking to that app can implement OR

Okay, ive been speaking to dave about this and, since we (me...heh) are
not all that familiar with this links stuff, we sort of talked about a
possible hooks solution.

Have a deleting_contact hook that tells all applications what is going
to be killed (per contact_id). Then, every called hook should fill
phpgw_info[deleting_hook][appname][deleteflag] with one of three values
like so:

okay to delete
dont delete
optional trim

Also, it should fill phpgw_info[deleting_hook][appname][reason] with a
string telling the user why cant the contact be deleted. It would be
wise for the apps to include a direct link to a page in the app where
the user can solve the problem with his contact deletion.

I would not use globals vars for that. With the new hooks, which work very well in .16 and HEAD, you can call them like a function and return a value, eg. an array.

See http://www.phpgroupware.org/wiki/NewHooks

The addressbook app will be smart enough to try and delete and, if any
app demands that its not deleted, tell the user what he/she has to do.

As the SNL lady said:

"Discuss Among Yourselves"

2) we include this in the links class, introduced in an email from me dated 2003/06/17 09:23. Each link aware app has to call the delete function for the links-class when an entry gets deleted. The link class could propagate this to other "interested" apps or even call there delete functions, if they will be part of the link interface (they are not atm.).

yes, a better solution for hooks can solve this.

The "better" solution for hooks is there (.16 and HEAD) since about 2 month: http://www.phpgroupware.org/wiki/NewHooks

kheb is going to work in that (if all agree), he has joined us today and
i hope you guys meet him soon.

As I talked to lex yesterday night on the channel, this extension is already planed (and documented in the wiki). Calendar should be able to shedule contacts and resources (eg. rooms) beside as always accounts. The table- and souce change to do so, will be implemented in a way to allow acception and rejection of single events in a repetetive event, as this is a long time feature-request too.

Is he going to work on a new hook solution, or on calendar?

Welcom kheb, get to know the calendar "beast" ;-) and get in contact with me when you done with that.

Ralf